Am I Ready to Buy a Home?
Buying a home is the biggest purchase you will make in a lifetime; this can be exciting but nerve-racking at the same time! How do you know if you’re ready? Below we list a couple of things to consider before jumping into homeownership.
Why you should buy:
- You want to personalize your living space. Sick of drab white walls in your apartment? Decorate and paint your own place just how you want it – without that creepy landlord telling you what you can and can’t do!
- You’re ready to establish your roots. You believe it’s time to settle down and have a place to call “home”.
- You got married and are thinking of starting a family or already have. Having a screaming baby in an apartment building isn’t easy!
- In need of more space? Buying a home will allow you to have a specific spot for your stuff instead of it piling up in the closet of your apartment.
- If you have pets, think about how happy they would be roaming the yard. Remember you aren’t the only one trapped in the close quarters of your apartment; your pets need more space too!
Agree with the statements above?
Before you get ahead of yourself make sure to think about the following:
- You have a steady flow of income.
- Good credit score.