How do I get pre-qualified?
What is it and why is it important to me? Let’s find out!
vLoan has evaluated your situation and has made a commitment to provide you with a loan up to a specific amount. The determination of this amount is based on your income and credit information. A pre-qualification is usually valid 60 to 90 days.
Why should I get pre-qualified?
Number 1 reason – it proves to sellers and agents that you are a serious buyer and it shows them you are credible and able to purchase a home quickly! Win, win in our books. This letter also shows you how much you can afford. This will (hopefully) prevent you from looking at homes that are out of your reach. We definitely don’t want you to fall in love with a home that isn’t in your price range! By getting pre-qualified you can target your home search to homes that are truly in your price range.
Heads-up: just because you have this letter doesn’t automatically qualify you or mean your offer will be accepted by a seller. It just puts you in a better position to receive both your loan and the home you want.
Standout in a crowd of buyers by having your pre-qualification, a seller will take you more seriously than someone who doesn’t have one!
What does it take to get pre-qualified?
- Fill out a short online application. This will include income, credit score, and monthly debt.
- When finished you will see an estimated pre-qualification number based on the information you provided.
- To request a pre-qualification letter, you will be asked for more details like, pulling your credit report. This step will only be done at your request!
- If everything checks out, you will receive a pre-qualification letter! Remember this letter only last 60-90 days.
How long does it take?
If you’re deemed a qualified buyer you can get a printable pre-qualification letter in minutes!
Have you been denied before or don’t think you’ll get pre-qualified? Don’t sweat it!
This is another great reason to try to get pre-qualified. We will show you what you need to work on to be ready for the “real-deal”. Even if you can’t get approved that’s ok! New programs are available every day and our mortgage bankers are here to help.
A couple of things we will help you work on if you can’t get pre-qualified.
- Correct errors that may have shown on your credit report.
- If able, increase your down payment to qualify for a larger loan.
- Pay off debt. This will improve your overall debt-to-income ratio.
Like we said before, please don’t hesitate to call or chat us! We are here to answer any question you may have about the pre-qualification process.
Still questioning if you're ready to buy or not?
Don’t sweat it! View the next page to see if your thoughts line up with the questions we have listed
Ready to take the first steps towards becoming a homeowner?
That’s so exciting! Just remember we are here every step of the way, whenever you need help let us know!
You’re a mortgage superstar!
Click below to fill out 1 page of questions in less than 2 minutes