New Year -- New Structure Part I
2014 was full of gallery walls, colorful staircases, polka dots, floating shelves, sneaky storage, and funky fresh knobs; well according to Pinterest, anyway. Due to all of these colorful designs, you can summarize 2014 as the year of bedazzled home décor. Homes all across the country were animated with clever forms of storage units and eccentric colors.
- Back to reality. Our living spaces have been blown way out of proportion, when it comes to size. Kitchens, living, and family rooms will be sized to fit homeowner’s actual needs. There will be just enough space for conversation and kitchens will have less counter space, and one set of appliances. Simplicity.
- Storage. This year, it seems that we’re combining the idea of ‘sneaky storage’ with ‘storage on steroids.’ As homeowners still want to utilize space to its fullest, they also want everything to have its place. In 2015 we will see more walk-in closets and larger, more useful pantries that may include prep space, open storage, secondary appliances, and even a room for wrapping gifts. It’s a year with minimal clutter.
- Open Floor Plan. The open layout is no longer solely popular amongst young hipsters. In 2015, condo-buildings, suburban homes, and more will be embracing the togetherness and minimizing walls around the home’s main hub -- the kitchen.
- Pre-made Plans. In 2015, buyers will be avoiding the stress that comes with customizing their house and taking advantage of the house plan companies that offer numerous blueprints that can be modified. Less starting from scratch and more satisfying today’s wish lists.
- Outdoor Living. The love of the outdoors continues to grow as do innovations, such as outdoor showers adjacent to pools and hot tubs, or better-equipped roof decks for city lovers
As you can see there are many new trends to create space, storage, and upgraded outdoor living. Check back with us to see what you can look forward to for home decorations and colors!