Quick Cleans for StagingTis’ the season for buying and selling homes! Are you ready?Every seller knows that it’s almost impossible to always be ready for last-minute showings with potential buyers. Busy schedules, kids, pets, spouses, and even your messy habits can get in the way of having a perfectly neat and presentable house, one hundred percent of the time. Lucky for those who are living in their listing, there are quick solutions to your problems.Decluttering
- Are you showing all of the rooms? If not, simply hide all of the clutter in the rooms that are not visible and keep the show rooms neat!
- Closets, drawers, and cabinets are very helpful in terms of creating the illusion that you live a clutter-free life. Invest in large containers for the purpose of throwing items in them at the last minute. The wonderful thing about these containers is that there are ones that are built for function and to be attractive, actually matching the theme of the room.
- Hide toys and other miscellaneous objects behind furniture. Yes, it may sound juvenile, but it works!
- In a rush and dishes are piled in the sink? If you have a few minutes to spare, throw them in the dishwasher, but this time, you do not have to worry about organizing them, just get them in there! If time is even more limited, another option is to throw the dirty pots and pans in the oven.
Other helpful hacks:
- Natural sunlight makes a house look cleaner and brighter, so make sure your blinds are opened during showings.
- Keep your house smelling fresh--Spray, plugins, candles and carpet deodorizer are essential to keeping your house smelling nice. Buyers are turned away by musty houses, so this should definitely be a priority.
- Keep the bathrooms looking neat by straightening the hand towels and quickly wiping down the toilet, sink, and mirror
Overall, you can have a cleaner looking home in less than thirty minutes if you follow these steps. After all we are all human and showings can be hard if you’re living in the home you’re trying to sell. If your house is on the market as you shop for your next dream home, feel free to contact a UHM Loan Officer today so you can learn more about Conventional Financing.