The top two questions sellers have is, “how much money is my house worth?” and, “how long is it going to take to sell my home?” A lot of people base their answer to these questions on their neighbor’s recent experience selling their home. But, there are many different factors that can determine how fast a house is going to sell. Here are some tips that will help you sell your home faster than your neighbors did:
- Update landscaping – The landscaping of a home is extremely important because it is the first point of contact to any potential home buyer. The point is to make the landscaping look brand new. Maybe add some new mulch and plant a few brightly colored flowers to bump up the curb appeal of your home.
- Make it look like you already moved – It is sad to say, but vacant homes show much better and larger in size than occupied homes. For potential buyers to be able to see their furniture and décor in a home, the homeowners have to move their stuff out. If you can’t move out, consider renting a storage unit and move as much stuff out of your house as you can. Removing personal photos and decorations for the time that your home is on the market will also help.
- Add new paint and flooring – If you have to ask yourself if you should add new paint and flooring, then the answer is probably yes. A home that has new paint and floors is going to sell much quicker than a home that does not. The impact of freshly painted walls and clean, undamaged flooring is huge when it comes to selling a house.
- A video walkthrough of the home – A professionally done video walkthrough is a very powerful selling tool. If someone was looking at many different homes, a video to revisit the potential home of their choosing will help sell the home quicker. Adding some descriptive text and highlighting the important features of the home will sell to buyers that haven’t even seen the home in person yet. Make sure to use high quality video cameras to make the video as professional as possible.
- The right price – Price, location, and condition are the three most important things that sell homes. Price is the most critical, and people will look right past a home if the listing price is wrong. Buyers always want more than they can afford, and sellers always want more than their property is worth. Pricing your home correctly and offering something that no other home in your price range is offering is a strategy that points to success.
Hopefully you found some truth in these tips. Good luck selling your home quickly!
Found these tips helpful? Make sure you contact the Housing Buzz team if you have any questions.