What is a HARP Home Loan?
This is the one time you may want to do what everyone else is doing – don’t be the only one missing out on low mortgage rates with HARP. Take advantage of the streamlined refinance process with HARP!
How do I get a HARP home loan?
If you have a conventional home loan that’s owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac and are looking to refinance, look no further! You can trade in your old rate for a lower one, lower your monthly payment or even shorten your term with the Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP). Lower monthly payment? Who wouldn’t be interested in that? While HARP has some very specific restrictions, this program is designed for dedicated homeowners who are looking to save some money. Do you like the sound of that? Read on or contact a mortgage advisor at 1-844-77-vLoan to see if you qualify.
Benefits of the HARP home loan:
You could lower your monthly payment. Keep that hard-earned money in your pocket!
Shorten your mortgage term. Pay off your loan faster to be debt-free sooner!
Chance of removing or avoiding costly private mortgage insurance (PMI).
This unique program is perfect for homeowners with great payment history over the past year.
We’ll help you figure out if your mortgage is owned by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae if you aren’t sure.
You can refinance with this program even if you were denied in the past!
Let’s dig a little deeper – who is eligible for the HARP home loan:
This loan is exclusively for homeowners who have a conventional home loan owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. If you owe more than your home is worth and have made your monthly principal and interest payments on time, this could be what you’ve been looking for to lighten your load. Keep reading to learn more or call a mortgage advisor at 1-844-77-vLoan to see if you qualify.
Requirements and Facts for the HARP home loan:
- According to Fannie Mae, HARP customers save an average of $250 per month! Just think what you could do with that. Use that money for the things you care about most.
- HARP allows you to pick a term that’s right for your specific financial situation. You can choose from a 5-, 7- or 10-year ARM loan or any fixed-rate term. Selecting the right option can help you get the most savings. A mortgage advisor can walk you through different scenarios to find the best one.
- With the goal of giving responsible homeowners access to a more stable, affordable mortgage, HARP could potentially help you lower your monthly payments, get rid of costly private mortgage insurance or change to a fixed-rate mortgage.
- You can prepay your mortgage without penalties.
The nitty-gritty about the HARP home loan:
- Your mortgage must be owned by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae.
- Your loan-to-value (LTV) ratio needs to be 80 percent or higher.
- Only loans with a note date of May 31, 2009 or before are eligible.
- The property you’re refinancing must be your primary residence.
- You must be current on your principle and interest payments – no late payments (30 or more days past their due date) in the last six months.